Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Easter Lily - The Concept

I've started working on a large canvas that I hope to finish by Ash Wednesday, of which I will sell prints and art cards throughout Lent. It started with the idea to do white lilies for the Easter season, and I finally decided on 3. I sketched out the composition (without detail, of course) and basic colour blocks. The 2-year-old added her own ideas, which I will take into consideration, but probably not apply to the finished piece! I will also probably leave out the grease spot. Oh, being a mom and artist adds its own unique challenges!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,
    I love Ellie's input; that's a kid for you.
    What a good idea - hope they sell well! Don't forget to post the finished product.
    I love your post about Butler's and your painting and the article. Sigh - one of my favorite landmarks at Regina Beach. Thank goodness it is still there, even though it has a new name.
    I'll be checking in again soon.
    Love,
    Auntie Mary Ellen xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good start even with your extra help. Have fun with it, I'm sure it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete