Thursday, May 14, 2009

After the Show


Well, the art show has come and gone, and it certainly was a success! The greatest success is that I actually did it and saw a project through to the very end (this is a great feat for me sometimes...)! I won't say it was easy - I found it very difficult to expose myself through my art and await people's judgment of it. Oh well, I am stronger for having had done it, I'm sure!
A few of my pieces are on display at the Balfour Gallery in Lumsden (across the street from the Letterbox) if you ever want to take a look.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,
    I'm happy that the art show went so well. Thanks for the picture of you standing in front of some of your art. I didn't realize the paintings were that big. Fabulous! I also noticed the Easter lily and card, and of course Butler's famous fish & chip stand. Good for you for having the courage to go for it, and allowing us to take a peek. What a girl!
    Love,
    Mary Ellen xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Holly, both for your paintings and for exposing yourself. As you say, it is very difficult to do--but well worth it. I like the picture of the artist as well as the art.

    ReplyDelete